- $3 Million – Auto v. Truck– Our client and his son were rear-ended at high-speed by a commercial tow truck while travelling on the southbound 57 freeway. Our client required surgeries to the neck and back as a result of the collision. The insurance company made a pre-litigation settlement offer for a mere $5,000, which we roundly rejected. Ultimately, the insurance company tendered a $3,000,000 settlement offer for our client’s medical expenses and pain and suffering.
- $1.6 Million – Slip/Fall & Medical Negligence- Our client slipped & fell while walking up an airline ramp at a local airport. The ramp had been wet from recent rain, causing our client to lose his balance and tear his hamstring. Subsequently, during the hamstring repair procedure, the operating surgeon botched the surgery, causing nerve damage to our client’s leg. This nerve damage led to leg pain, numbness, loss of sensation, and even gait instability, making him a future fall risk. Suit was filed against the airline, ramp manufacturer, and operating surgeon for their respective liability. Ultimately, after significant litigation, these three entities agreed to a combined $1.6 million settlement for our client’s injuries, wage loss, and pain and suffering.
- $425,000 – Slip/Fall case against a retail store & shopping mall – This was a challenging liability case where our client slipped & fell on a sheet of transparent ice outside of of a mall retail store in a Central California ski resort town. As a result of the fall, our client fractured his right femur and suffered nerve damage to his right leg. This nerve damage left him at a heightened risk of future falls. Suit was filed against the mall ownership, mall management company, and retail store for their respective liability in failing to protect patrons against this dangerous ice condition. Ultimately, after significant litigation, the defendants agreed to a combined $425,000 settlement for our client’s injuries, wage loss, and pain and suffering.
- $250,000 (Policy Limits) – Auto v. Pedestrian – Wrongful Death – Contested Liability– We obtained the $250,000 policy limits on a case where our clients’ mother, an 85-year-old woman, was hit by a car while walking on a local road. The police report had listed our clients’ mother as the at-fault party for jaywalking, and further, the driver’s insurance company failed to take responsibility for the death. Our office made certain that the police report was not the final word, and we worked to make the insurance carrier pay out its full $250,000 policy limits for the wrongful death.
- $199,999 – Slip & Fall case against a department store– In this case, the client was injured in a fall at a retail store in Orange County, California. He was injured when directed by a store employee to help him move a heavy box carrying a lounge chair he intended to purchase. Our client, an elderly individual, was injured in the process of attempting to move the box, falling onto a wine rack. As a result, he suffered significant neck, back, and knee injuries that required months of rehabilitation. In spite of significant prior spine injuries, the retail establishment still tendered our client a six-figure settlement.
- $150,000 – Auto v. Auto– A $150,000 settlement obtained on behalf of a client who was injured in an auto collision. In this case, our client was driving and suddenly got backed into in an industrial complex. The commercial carrier attempted to minimize our client’s injuries. This settlement amount was obtained in spite of the client’s significant preexisting injuries and multiple prior collisions.
$100,000 (Policy Limits) – Auto v. Auto– We obtained the $100,000 policy limits on behalf of a client who was injured in a T-bone collision by a driver who had run a red light. Our client’s vehicle was a total loss, and she suffered a fractured ankle in the process. Her ankle injury did not require surgery, but she underwent months of rehabilitation to heal. Ultimately, we were able to secure the full policy limits on this case, and did so without having to file a lawsuit.
- $100,000 (Policy Limits) – Auto v. Auto– Our client was T-boned on a local road in Upland, California by a driver who had run a red light. Our client required treatment from multiple facilities, including an orthopedic specialist, chiropractor, and MRI facility. Not only did we obtain the $100,000 policy limits, we were able to get our client’s $24,000 in past medical bills substantially reduced, therefore maximizing his recovery.
- $100,000 (Policy Limits) – Auto v. Auto– We obtained the $100,000 policy limits on behalf of a client who was rear-ended on a local roadway in Brea, California. She suffered significant neck and back pain as a result of the collision. Through the treatment process, we made sure our client received top-notch medical treatment from chiropractors, spine injury specialists, and MRI facilities. Ultimately, we were able to obtain the full policy limits of the at-fault driver without having to engage in litigation.
- $100,000 (Policy Limits) – Motorcycle v. Auto–3rd Party Liability + Underinsured Motorist Cases– In this contested liability case, our client, a motorcyclist, was involved in a serious collision which resulted in multiple weeks of intensive care treatment and many months of rehabilitation. As he was riding his motorcycle on the freeway, our client was clipped by a car that had attempted to illegally exit from the carpool lane. Our client was displaced from his motorcycle and landed on the freeway road. Initially, the police report had listed our client as the liable party and failed to make note of the driver who had swerved out of the carpool lane. But, through our communications with witnesses at the scene, we were able to make the adverse driver’s insurance carrier accept full liability for this serious collision. We were ultimately able to recover the full policy limits of the at-fault driver plus the full policy limits of our client’s underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage.
- $50,000 (Policy Limits) – Pedestrian v. Auto–Uninsured Motorist Case- Our client was hit by a car as he was attempting to enter his parked vehicle. Unfortunately, the at-fault driver was uninsured. We secured medical treatment to facilitate our client’s rehabilitation and were ultimately able to secure the full $50,000 policy limits from our client’s uninsured motorist coverage, which fully covered his medical expenses and pain and suffering.